Your Safety is our Priority.
At The Lion we’ve always put the wellbeing of our guests first.
Please be assured we have implemented numerous measures prior to reopening for the safety of our guests and staff.
We are all in this together, so to keep everyone safe we need your help too. We request that should you be displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 that you call us to postpone your stay with us. These include a new persistent cough, high temperature or loss of smell and taste.
We kindly ask that you wash your hands frequently and keep a social distance from other guests who are not in your party. These are as important in the hotel as they are in the outside world.
We are very grateful to you for your help in keeping everyone healthy and safe.
• Every member of our team have undergone full training on how to prevent the spread of Covid-19 within the hotel setting.
• Daily temperature checks are carried out on all of our colleagues and they are required to confirm that they have not been in contact with anyone with Covid 19 symptoms.
• Team members are provided with PPE relevant to their area of work and given full training on how to use correctly.
• Hand sanitising stations are located at various back of house areas.
• Clear guidelines are displayed in all back of house areas for team members information.
• We have created a cashless environment card details will be required for all bookings.
• We will ask you for a check in time so we can minimize arrivals during peak periods.
• We are happy to answer any questions you may have please call us on 01766 522460 to discuss.
ARRIVAL AT THE HOTEL
• The NHS COVID-19 app is an important part of the Test, Trace, Protect programme to control the spread of Covid-19. The more people who use the app the greater our chances of reducing the spread of the virus. There is a QR code to scan at the front door and reception desk.
•As of 14th September Face masks are mandatory in all inside public areas in Wales. We kindly ask that upon check in and when in all public areas apart from our restaurant and bar you wear a face covering.
• Please use the front door to enter the hotel. You will need to press the doorbell and wait for a member of staff. The rear door that leads to the car park is for exit and emergency exit only.
• Hand sanitisers are available at the entrance, we politely request you use these on arrival and throughout your stay where possible.
• We have added a PVC screen to our reception area to limit contact as much as possible. Please call the reception desk from your hotel room should you require any assistance.
• Our reception teams will sanitise their hands and surfaces between each guest.
• All room keys will be sanitised.
• We kindly ask that you bring and use your own pens.
• Social distancing signs are in place to ensure we are adhering to government guidelines.
Our staff have a thorough cleaning policy in place and on top of this:
• Every guest bedroom and bathroom will be cleaned and fully sanitised with a virucidal sanitiser and not re-entered prior to your arrival.
• Our Housekeeping team are provided with full PPE to use whilst cleaning your room and the PPE will be sanitised between each bedroom. They will also have all windows and doors open during this process to ensure proper ventilation.
• We will not be entering your room to clean during your stay, should you require any additional linen, towelling or guest amenities please contact reception and we will leave this outside your door.
• All guest information and reading material has been removed from the room, the guest visitor book is available on our website, however if you need any information please do not hesitate to contact reception from your room.
• Tea trays will be equipped with sufficient supplies for the duration of your stay.
• Bed Throws and Cushions have been removed from the room.
Our Laundry supplier have put in additional steps to ensure that all linen is cleaned and returned sanitised.
PUBLIC AREAS (please wear masks)
• All public areas will be monitored and cleaned regularly with a virucidal sanitiser.
• There is visible signage around the hotel regarding cleaning and safety protocols.
• The Bar & Restaurant are open for residents only with restricted times.
• Limited seating is available in the lounge area, please adhere to social distancing rules currently 2 metres in Wales.
• When moving around the hotel we request that you please be considerate of the 2m social distancing rule.
• We have set up hand sanitiser stations throughout ‘high traffic’ areas of the hotel, we politely request that you use these.
• We request that should you need to use the lift at the hotel that you only enter the lift with your own family group and not any other hotel guests. Please sanitise your hands before and after use of the lift.
• All leaflets and collateral have been removed from the hotel- should you require any information please do not hesitate to call reception who will be more than happy to assist.
• Foot pedal bins are allocated around the hotel- should you require to dispose of any rubbish.
• Foot pedal receptacles are allocated on each corridor floor- for the use of soiled towels.
• Public toilets in the bar remain closed, please use public toilets at rear entrance or your bedroom facilities.
• All staff are issued with the relevant PPE and have been trained on all updated safety procedures.
FOOD & DRINK
Breakfast is available from 7.30-10.00 am.
• Breakfast both hot and cold options will be table service.
• Breakfast Sandwiches are available to take away if preferred to sit down option.
To adhere to social distancing rules in Wales we have a limited capacity in our restaurant. If no tables are available when you arrive you will be asked to return at a later time, we will endeavour to get a table ready for you as quick as possible. We thank you for your patience and co-operation.
Evening Meals are available from 6.00-8.00pm in ‘Llewelyn’s Restaurant’. Please book before 12 noon on the day you would like to dine.
‘The Mane Place’ bar is open daily, serving from 5pm-10pm and will close at 10.30pm in line with the new laws introduced on the 24th of September 2020.
• All trays crockery and cutlery will be disinfected and put through the dishwasher.
• All food & beverage including Kitchen team members are provided with relevant PPE and safety training.
To adhere to Welsh Law; group gatherings will be limited to a maximum of 6 people and will have to be from your extended household.
If during your stay you start to feel unwell and recognise any Covid 19 symptoms, please take the following actions :
- Call NHS 111 to seek medical advice or use the 111 online Coronavirus service.
- Follow self-isolation guidance
- Notify the hotel by phone from your bedroom, giving us your full name and room number. Please share with us the guidance you have received from 111 and where possible and safe to do, return to your own primary address to complete your period of self-isolation.
- We cannot enter your room to clean or change bedding, but we can leave fresh bedding outside your room upon request. We won’t remove any dirty bedding so please keep this within your room.
- We will provide you with a stock of bin bags. Please ensure all waste is placed into a bin bag, tied and then placed into another bin bag which also be tied and left inside your room.
- Visitors to your room are not permitted unless they are authorised medical professionals.
- When checking out, please leave your key in the room and let us know by phone to reception that you are leaving.
• Please exit hotel via the rear entrance. The front door is for hotel entry and emergency exit only.